The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Reviews for The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

M.C. in Mississauga
M.C. in Mississauga

Leather sectional -worst furniture experience ever!!!

Urgh...I should have read the reviews before we went there to purchase our sectional. Their furniture is such nice quality but the odds are against you that you will get your purchase on-time and hassle-free. We got a floor model so the stock wasn't an issue. HOWEVER, the delivery was absolutely terrible. It took almost an hour to get it in the house. The delivery guys were miserable and inept with the attitude you get from teenage boys (even though they were grown men). They started complaining it was going to be a tight fit as soon as they realized it was a basement move. But we our doors open double wide and the path is straight down the stairs (no curves) - plenty of space. We've had exercise equipment, freezers, furniture delivered down to the basement quickly and easily. But these 2 guys took over an hour to figure it out and still haven't finished the job. They wasted a bunch of time walking around the house so when they actually started to move the furniture in they were already "behind schedule" so they couldn't finish the whole job. I've called to complain but still have not heard back. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE and FOLLOW UP!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE GOING THERE. Save yourself the heartache and aggravation.

Lina in Oakville
Lina in Oakville

Leather sectional

Purchased my sectional on Jan.07,2012 .in Mississauga store. Sofa arrived on Feb.25 as they promissed. I am pretty happy with their service and quality,sofa is extremly comfortable.I was reluctant at first after I have read yuyr reiews but when I asked friend of mine who also bougt sofa from them a couple of years ago he was happy too.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Chair and carpet

We bought a couch from the Chesterfield shop last year - without any issues or complaints. This year we purchased a chair, cushions and a carpet and have had nothing but issues. Quality of product seems good - but customer service is soooooo bad, I cannot believe these guys are still in business. We ordered our product in early October and were told 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. We got the chair after 12 weeks, got the wrong carpet and still don't have the throw cushions. What really infuriates me is that no one seems to care, we have yet to receive an apology and we still don't have our carpet or custions and it has been over 14 weeks. The manager does not seem to care, they continually promise to call us back with an update - but never do. I just don't get it. Interestingly, I have since read a number of other reivews with very similar stories. To sum up ..... good quality but the service is very shaky. Do NOT agree to pay for your product until you have received ALL ITEMS and are completely happy with all of them. I do not think I will buy from this outfit again - just not worth the hassle. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

aka in North york
aka in North york
1 review North York, ON

The Chesterfield Shop is the Grinch that ruined Christmas!

They keep stringing you along, giving false dates, promises that never materialize. We have been waiting 11 weeks for a bed sectional that was supposed to be 6 weeks maximum, and will have no furniture for entertaining for the holidays. Had to cancel party plans and out of town visitors will have to stay at a hotel. As others have written, Jennifer is always too busy to come to the phone, or she's suddenly in 'a meeting' that will last 'a couple of hours'. She does not return calls, nor will the general manager. Don't even think about speaking to the guy in the ads, the so-called owner, they just make excuses for him. Maybe he is actually the Grinch! We are seniors so this might be our last, but I would never, ever, buy another sofa from this place. Look around before you buy, their prices are high and always include tax, no real sales there. And they couldn't care less once they get your money! We got Scrooged!

RR in Scarborough
RR in Scarborough
14 reviews Scarborough, ON

Custom wrap-around sofa

I ordered a custom sofa to be made by the Chesterfield Shop. The delivery took longer than expected due to being out of stock on the fabric I had chosen. I had to call a few times to make sure they were staying on top of my order.

In the end I received the sofa as ordered. I am very happy with the quality and finish of the product. It took longer than I would have liked, but I got exactly what I wanted so I am happy.

A V in Toronto
A V in Toronto

The Chesterfield Shop is a JOKE

My wife and I ordered and put down a $1,000.00 deposit on a set of sofas in the last week of August and were told the manufacturing and delivery would take about 5-7 weeks which in our case worked out perfectly as our house closing was at the end of October (approx 8 weeks from our purchase date). Our closing came and went and we hadn't heard anything. When we called to inquire, we were informed that one of the factories that normally manufactured the style of sofa that we had ordered went belly-up and closed its doors. The Chesterfield Shop assured us that they had no idea why this had happened and had no details as to the status of our order but they would call us within a week to inform us. One week passed....and no call. So we called and spoke to Jennifer, "the manager". Without any apology for not keeping us informed, she coldly told us that she had no update and does not know the status of our order. How is that possible? What kind of company has no clue as to where their products are? Jennifer went on to tell us that she would call us back in a week with an update....but history would tell us that this probably would not happen. Another week passed....no call. I called Jennifer again and expressed my frustration and after about 20 mins of verbally going back and forth....I was given a $350.00 rebate on my order and a guarantee that the sofas would be ready and delivered within 3 weeks. Once again...that timeline came and went....I called this past Monday morning to ask where my couches were....the individual who picked up the phone gave me a guaranteed date of December 12th, which would make it just short of 14 weeks (7 weeks more then originally quoted at the time of purchase). Out of frustration I asked to speak with Jennifer again and of course she was too busy to talk so I forcefully demanded to speak with her. She finally came on the phone and informed me that December 12th was not actually a guaranteed date but an estimate and she said that she can't even promise that we would have them by Christmas (approx 16 weeks). She said "its not the end of the world" and that statement was the last straw for me. It was clear to me at that moment that my order hadn't even been started by the manufacturer. After many attempted excuses from Jennifer, she finally agreed to refund my deposit. And now Im back to square one, BUT, I never have to deal with this ridiculous company ever again and I would strongly suggest that anyone considering purchasing couches from Chesterfield take a step back and take the time to read the reviews because disgruntled consumers have a reason to be disgruntled.

For those of you still enduring that test of patience….call Jennifer, the "manager" at Chesterfield's head office at 416-667-1150…I'm sure she would love to hear from her valued customers.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto
24 reviews TORONTO, ON

Condo Sleeper

Went to the Chesterfield Shop because I had heard they have a large selection of sleeper sofas and they did. I dealt with Jordan and he was great at helping me pick out a couch that would fit in my condo and an appropriate fabric. Couch was delivered only about a week later than estimated (but I did order over Christmas). Delivery team was great too!

Janie in Toronto
Janie in Toronto

Sectional Sofa

Beware before purchasing furniture with this store! The experience and customer service has been horrible ever since they took our deposit. Very similar to other customer reviews, it has now been 4 months that we are waiting for our couch and The Chesterfield Shop has done NOTHING to compensate or to make us, their customers, happy and lighten the blow of waiting 4months, going on 5, for the couch that was supposed to take 4-6weeks. They dance around the issue and can't seem to communicate properly with their manufacturers. DO NOT PURCHASE HERE!

Brad Lenser in Toronto
Brad Lenser in Toronto

Couch

Similar story to a lot of the other dissatisfied customer reviews. Purchased a sofa 4 months ago now and put a deposit down. Still have not received my couch, and every time I call they give me another excuse as to why it will be another 3 weeks. Attempted to get my deposit back but was unable to. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE HERE, you will wait way longer then what they tell you. I am starting to wonder if I will ever see my couch.

Joanne in King city
Joanne in King city
1 review King City, ON

Sectional Sofa

*BUYER BEWARE*

Bought my sectional and spent $2400 on it. Shortly after called customer service as I had some concerns.

They sent someone to my home.

The material which pills like crazy I'm told is not defective. I was instructed to just use a clothes shaver. Even though they admitted that they know the material does this, they do nothing to let their salespeople know so that the customer can be well informed at the time of purchase OR why don't they just pull the material out of their catalogue?

The corner piece of the sectional doe not fit well to the adjacent ones. I'm to to shimmy the outer leg of the corner piece. He even questioned whether my floor was level. I offered to supply a level, but never taken up on the offer.

The pillows are too soft and unsupportive on the edges. I was told that is the only kind the manufacturer makes. How difficult is it for the store to order foam from another company, cut to size and deliver it to me?

Asolutely no effort made to recify my concerns, just one excuse after another.

More about The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop. . . Your Leather and Fabric Superstore & More! Since 1948, this family owned and operated chain of Leather, Fabric and Home Theatre seating superstores, has been prouding serving generations of satisfied customers who keep coming back again and again for the great selection, quality, service and ...
Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?