Peter's Appliance Repair

Dave from Pickering
Dave from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Old condo appliances

We moved into a condo with 30 year old appliances which all worked but needed some fixes. The washing machine of a stacked set was my major concern. Initially it worked but made quite a lot of noise. Then a solenoid valve broke and we only got hot water. I hoped to repair the washer because the dryer was fine and there would be problems replacing the set with new machines because of sizing and venting issues in the closet. I booked an appointment for the following week because there was no great urgency. Bruce phoned before coming and was on time. I was thrilled when he said that he was very familiar with the machine and diagnosed the problems quickly. Fortunately, the parts were still available but they were fairly expensive. Bruce also removed the stub of a broken-off appliance bulb in the freezer that I had been unable to budge and ordered an outlet socket for my stove. He returned with the washer parts when they arrived, made the repairs and checked the operation and for leaks. Bruce returned again with the stove socket and replaced the old one. The service call plus labour for the three visits was $125 with the balance being parts and tax. Bruce was a pleasure to work with. It's been a month since the repairs and so far so good.

SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Washing Machine Repair

As usual Peter’s service was excellent. They were quick and professional and solved my washing machine problem all while charging a fair price. I trust Peter’s Appliance.

Thank you very much.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Washing Machine Repair

Nothing but positive comments from appointment setting to repair. Reasonable rates and professional service. Part had to be ordered, but very quick turn around. Will definitely use their services again.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Dryer repair

Repair man came as promised as dryer stopped working. He could not get it working and thought it was the motor.which would mean a new machine. He left and I started looking for a machine He called back as he had another idea. He found an small item of clothing sucked in behind vent. Morale always put small items in a laundry bag Pleased he went extra mile !

Paid $418 and service not provided

Worst repair experience. They kept rescheduling my appointment. The technician said he repaired the problem, but not to use the dryer till later. Paid the money, but problem not fixed. Can’t get them to come out and do the work paid for or to reimburse my money!

dk2
dk2

Helped fix a microwave that no one else wanted to fix

Bruce was the person who came and helped with the Microwave. He called before coming, was super friendly, was earlier than scheduled and made time for us even during the busy holiday season. Found the problem within the first 10 minutes, saved us a few bucks by replacing only what needed to be replaced. Highly recommended.

Steven in Toronto
Steven in Toronto

Dishwasher

I had a dishwasher problem and leak. I sent a request on home star and Bruce gave me a cal quite quickly. He was able to accommodate me in a time and date that works with my tricky schedule.

Bruce arrived on time and took the time to explain everything to me. As well as pointed a few things to look out for and cautioned me on (ie. there was evidence of potential mice). Installation went smoothly and he made sure to clean up as much as he could afterwards. Bruce also followed up with me to make sure the dishwasher was working well.

Would definitely use service again.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Walter Hill in Ajax
Walter Hill in Ajax
14 reviews Ajax, ON

Fix old broken oven and dishwasher door

We have an old stove in which the oven broke down and the company Gurney is no longer in business, Bruce was able to fix the oven. Also our dishwasher door was not functioning corerctly and he also fixed this. Very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this company.

Marlene from Whitby
Marlene from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Clothes Dryer

My clothes dryer was so hot that we were afraid to use it for fear of a fire. I phoned Peter's Appliance Service in Ajax and they sent a serviceman out the next day. Melvin was super, he knew what was happening right away, and said that the part was called the cycling thermostat and he would put in the order. They would call me when the part came in. Two days later the part was in and Melvin came over to the house. He had the dryer apart in no time, which to me looked like a complex undertaking. The part was replaced and he charged me for 30 minutes of labour. This company is fantastic and I would certainly call them again for any other of my appliances which need servicing. We were happy that we didn't have to go out and buy a new dryer and are hoping to extend it's life another year or two!

Newlywed in Ajax
Newlywed in Ajax
6 reviews Ajax, ON

Washing Machine Repair

Pete's Appliances was recommended to us by a friend when our washing machine stopped working. The machine is about 7-8 years old, but still in good shape, and since we plan to sell our house within the next year, we did not want to purchase a new one. The gentleman who came from Pete's was very friendly, personable and knowledgeable. He gave us a lot of good information about our particular model. He quickly diagnosed that it was the latch on the lid, the machine wasn't recognizing it as being closed, and that's why it wouldn't start. He replaced the part and now it works just like new! Very happy with the service.

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Ajax?