Moving & Storage

Best of 2020 winnerBest of 2020winner

Reviews for Rapid Stor

Annegret in Thornhill
Annegret in Thornhill

fast, efficient, but broken and lost items, and ignoring calls and emails

Movers were fast and nice. But they broke two furniture items (an antique mirror, and a chair) and I am missing some very expensive things. I have sent several emails, and only got one response, calling them is also difficult to get ahold of the manager, and they claim to have sent a check in the mail for the broken items - that was about a month ago. They have not replied any calls or messages about there being no check- not even courtesy responses. So, not professional and starting to look sketchy.

Also- they first lost the chair that was broken, then found it, and were supposed to deliver it on a Thursday at noon, and someone left it on my doorstor on a Wednesday night- I live downtown, had someone not noticed and told me, it would have 100% been taken.

Hi Annegret
We are sorry that you have had this experience with our company. We would like to inform you that Rapid Stor is now under complete new ownership and management and we are working hard to rectify any issues that are still outstanding and within our control. Feel free to reach out should you have any questions.

Disappointed Customer
Disappointed Customer

WORST MOVING COMPANY EVER

They caused us thousands of damages to wooden furniture that were expensive and very well maintained. During the move, they wore no masks, were extremely rude, and placed our items in wrong places and boxes upside down. When I saw their truck at the end of the move, I realized that they had a loose ladder and other loose metal items that must have caused the damages to our wooden furniture. I've been trying for a long time to address these damages with them through emails and phone calls, but they haven't responded to anything. They were so unprofessional and the damages they caused is more than what we paid them.

Hi there,

HOWARD
HOWARD

Fast & Efficient with ZERO Surprises

The world of "moving" can be a murky one. Numerous companies pop up and then disappear. Horror stories are legendary. Stuff goes missing or rates become inflated at the last minute. Goods are ransomed until the "baksheesh" is paid! NONE OF THE ABOVE with the wonderful service provided by RAPID STOR. After carefully reading all GOOGLE and HOMESTAR reviews - I sent an e-mail to RUSS at Rapid Store. A very organized and detailed quote was provided and Russ was unfailing polite and responsive to my queries. Move day approached - the truck and lads arrived on time and within 3 hours - it was done. Packed, moved and unpacked! Fast, efficient, and precisely on quote - to the penny. This was probably one of the most pleasant and least stressful moves we have ever done and I cannot thank RUSS and his team enough. I recommend these chaps most highly. If you seek: A professional move with on time service and fixed rates, uniformed & polite workers with a great command of English [no mean feat in this industry], On time Service, no hidden fees and clean equipment - these are your lads. Do not hesitate. Will be using them for all our moving needs moving forward.

Paulina in Toronto
Paulina in Toronto

Moving

I DO NOT RECOMMEND using Rapid Movers / Rapid Stor! I booked RAPIDMOVERS in July 2020 to move one room only - my bedroom.
The booking agent I spoke with was super nice and I was assured by Rapidmovers (after I was very specific and clear about exactly what I needed moved) that the total moving time wouldn't take longer than 1.5, in the worst case 2h. However, the move took 1h over the company's estimated time. I saw the movers taking one small item at time and they moved as slowly as molasses. I had pre-arranged the elevators in advance so there was no waiting around at either end.
The movers spend 1h 35min at the first place and 40min at the second place, plus 15min for the ride from one place to another.
The final price went way over the estimated quote and so did the time and the company wouldn't budge on this after I kindly requested the reasonable adjustment. This company seems to pride themselves all over the internet for a a "1.5 hour minimum" but given I had only one bedroom (and not even a full one-bedroom apartment) and the move was entirely within the Toronto downtown core, I was surprised. It seemed like a bait-and-switch to me. Buyer beware!

Worst of all, the movers damaged the building's automatic door with their truck and left me with the repair cost. My new building has video footage showing their truck hitting the bottom of the door and even though I provided the information to RapidStor / RapidMovers, they have done nothing about this. I e-mailed the details to the owner, but it has been radio silence from him after one brief e-mail exchange. He and the company have been ignoring me since then. Looks like they wanted my money but are not interested in making things right. Sadly, I cannot recommend them for the reasons stated above. I wish I had just asked friends to help me, or booked a moving company with more respect for its customers.

Great Moving company

This is a great moving company, they moved all my sons belongings without any issues. I had used their service twice already, and hiring these guys had been always a phenomenal experience. The trucks are clean. Movers come with gloves and masks. Movers have all the required equipment. I can not complain about this company at all

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Moving

Horrible company. No customer service.
Had to hire another company to move furniture!
Company ignored messages on every social media website. Movers didn’t even lift any boxes, had to do that myself.
Very disappointed.
Did not have their own equipment not wrapped anything. Gloves were dirty. Stuff got damaged and blue prints on items and won’t clean!
Don’t waste your time with this company.
Oh and no uniform as well!

Disappointing

I have attempted to get in touch with Rapid Stor post-move five times now with no response. My husband and I had various issues with our move on Friday July 31 in Toronto, that remain unresolved and ignored. The moving team caused damage to our new house. They put a hole in the wall when moving a chair downstairs to the basement. For scale, the hole is about the size of the palm of an adult hand. It has gone straight through so is beyond a surface issue. The hole is going to need to be plastered, sanded and that wall, re-painted. Plus - the king size mattress got a tear on the underside, of about half a foot big and our mahogany credenza also got scratched along the front and scored the wood finish. No-one has acknowledged any of this or replied. No-one has advised any process for making a claim for these damages. In addition, I am sorry to say that I was very disappointed with the level of service and efficiency for the move. The team were slow, inexperienced and the fact that the truck arrived at 1:30pm when booked for 9am, caused real challenges for our family, especially as we have a toddler who is only 2 years old.

Promila in Toronto
Promila in Toronto

Equivalent to Hiring Friends

Just had a move today with the company. The guys were nice and very careful with the items and the elevator and truck was packed well however NO DOLLY was provided with the truck resulting in the load taking way longer than expected. Loading the elevator took 2.5-3 hours at each site resulting in me missing the window at my new building. Since each box and item was moved individually and we had to rely on the regular elevators at the new building the move took OVER 7 hours. I managed to get a dolly at the new location but they did not use it for smaller items which, again, is not efficient since I had a long hallway in the new building.

My previous move with a professional moving company (further location distance, more items and a complex sofa installment) took under 5 hours. Over 7 hours for a studio/1 bedroom move with no sofa is extremely inefficient and not what was expected from hiring a professional company. This move was equivalent to paying for hiring my friends which I could have done had I known the elevator window would have been missed.

Update: I have tried to recoup my money via my American Express and making a compliant with BBB and received the following response in the pictures. Extremely unprofessional when I have asked for a refund of the amount beyond what I was quoted ($200 of the $880 I paid).

Hi Promila,

Poul in Petrolia
Poul in Petrolia
0 reviews , ON

1 BEDROOM MOVE FROM THE BEACH AREA TORONTO TO COBOURG

I was shocked when two 20 year old students showed up to move my 1 bedroom apartment, they moved like molasses and had no idea how to wrap and stack properly and took 4 1/4 hours to load and 4 1/4 hours to unload, 1 1/2 hour travel time, plus I had to load my SUV to the roof and leave some things behind. I complained to the owner Rus that had had expected at least 1 professional and that I wasn't prepared to pay the $1300.00 plus tax that he asked me for and gave the comparison of my next door neighbor who had moved 1 week prior and had the identical apartment to mine and with more furniture, 2hrs to load 2 hours to unload for a total cost of $800.00. Because of the extra 1 hour travel time I offered to pay him $1000.00 , we argued back and forth and he asked me how I was going to pay , I said by Master Card, he said Okay , I said Okay to $1000.00 plus tax and he YES , this was witnessed by my partner as the conversation was on speaker phone ! I GAVE HIM MY MASTER CARD NUMBER, THINKING THAT HE WAS A MAN OF HIS WORD, ONLY TO DISCOVER THE NEXT DAY THAT HE HAD CHARGED MY CARD $1300.00 PLUS TAX. AFTER MANY EMAILS , HE HAS REFUSED TO GIVE ME BACK THE $390.00 DIFFERENCE !

Hi Poul,

Maia in Kitchener
Maia in Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Moving Service

I would recommend them to anyone, and we had a pleasure to work with them. Amazing management! Very quick and efficient! They were professional and very careful with disassembling and reassembling our furniture.

More about Rapid Stor

Rapid Stor is a professional moving and storage company where you can book reliable movers at affordable rates.
Starting at only $59 for storage services, we offer full-service pick up and drop off and units that are temperature-controlled, clean, safe and secure.

Our moving services are competitive as we provide rates that are all-inclusive and designed with your moving requirements in mind.
Located in Mississauga, we extend our moving and storage solutions to the entire GTA and will gladly assist with any type of desired move, whether it be residential or commercial.

Carefully screened, trained, and highly qualified on all basis, our movers naturally provide a memorable and unique customer experience.
We are fully licensed and insured for your comfort and assurance. We welcome all local and long distance moves and storage pickups.
Give us a quick call for more information and a quote!
Tel: 877-696-6831

Commercial/Warehouse
Stores/Shops
furniture pick ups/deliveries

***

We offer FREE Onsite Estimates, Call Us Today!