The Handyman Dan

Reviews for The Handyman Dan

Westmoreland Ave
Westmoreland Ave

A number of small tasks

I spoke to Dan and he sent his colleague Frank over to do the job on a rental place that I own. Both Dan and Frank were very professional and courteously over the phone. They were easy to talk to and very straightforward.
Frank scheduled the job with the tenant directly. The work was promptly and efficiently done. No hassle. After having dealt with several other contractors and handymen these two were excellent. I would highly recommend them.

Peter at Yonge and Eglinton
Peter at Yonge and Eglinton

Hardwood floors and fence repairs

We needed to remove the 25 yr old broadloom and replace with hardwood due to a severe onslaught of dust allergies. Dan took out the broadloom and put down the hardwood very fast. He made no mess at all and since he sealed off areas outside the master bedroom and upstairs hallway, the dust was kept to a minimal throughout the rest of the house as well. There were 8 doorways to contend with as well a meeting different types of floors in the 2 baths and toher 2 bedrooms. The finishing touches at the walls are fabulous. The whole job looks magnificent. In addition, the backyard wooden fence was leaning due to two trees coming down on top of it in the past year. Dan found a way to straighten it without adding UGLY wooden props. This has saved us from a VERY costly replacement this year. WE are already planning to have Dan back for our next renovations in the Living Room. I highly recommend Dan to anyone!

kate in Etobicoke
kate in Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

General Repair

Dan is fantastic! We have an old house and the bathroom tiles had begun to crack and come loose about a year ago. He did a great job of fixing the problem areas and completed the job very quickly. His pricing was very fair for the amount of damage he fixed and we have not had a problem since he has been in!

James in Yonge/Eglinton
James in Yonge/Eglinton

Various around house

This is our third time having Dan do some work around the house. This time, we had him fix a few cabinets, and misc drywall/painting around the house and as usual, he did a great job!

LC in Hunt Club
LC in Hunt Club
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Bathroom Tile/Tub repair

I saw Dan's review and called him in November to estimate. The tiles were loose around my tub and needed about 5 tiles high replacement all the way around, with new cement board put in behind them as what was there was crumbling. My ceiling exhaust fan needed to be replaced and I needed a shower curtain rod installed. He was busy and asked if I could wait until January 5 or 6th. I said I could. He sent me an email (in November) told me his hourly fee, and thought the job might take 2 or 3 days from my description. On Jan 5th there was a knock at my door and there was Dan (his son too helping him for the day). I hadn't heard from him since the email in November and so was a bit hesitant but because he was so highly recommended I decided to have a leap of faith and was glad I did. I went with him to the Home depot and Rona to find the matching tiles and we separated and I purchased the tiles, Dan bought the grout, the silicone, the exhaust fan and the curtain rod. It took him and his son 7 hours to complete the job from shopping to finish. He didn't charge me extra for his son and they did an excellent job.

Aaron in Ajax
Aaron in Ajax
18 reviews Ajax, ON

bathroom fix-up

Dan did an excellent job. He met all my expectations, and went above-and-beyond what I was expecting. Dan is honest, courteous, and a hard worker. If you need help with caulking, painting, drywall and so much more, he's your man.

Prem in Mississauga
Prem in Mississauga

Reno

I will recommend dan to the public he did a great job inside my house and very nice to deal with. Price was great and well below other quotes I have recived

Varia in Brampton
Varia in Brampton

Kitchen Fixups & Basement Reno Work

... because the Handyman Dan is here! This guy was awesome. We found him in HomeStars and all the good reviews about him were absolutely correct. He's knowledgeable, efficient, and easygoing. He framed our basement bulkhead that we wanted put up in a very reasonable amount of time, but more importantly he paid attention to all the finicky details that I imposed including precise dimensions, access hatches, etc. Also, he brought his son with him who helped me fish a bunch of wire that was a huge bonus as well. We highly recommend him!!

Home Theater Renovation

What more can I say regarding the talents of this man. He can build and do and fix anything for you. He stays within your budget and will do everything within the time allotted. See the pictures of the miracle work he performed, building me a Home Theater from scratch. Thanks so much again!

More about The Handyman Dan

Hi there, I'm The Handyman Dan. I specialize in the smaller repair, maintenance, and home improvement projects. Do you have a broken screen door or a light fixture that needs installing? Then Dan is your man. Maybe you have a larger job to do like installing new tile in your ...
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Stratford?