Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Appliance Repair
3279 Lenworth Dr, Unit D Mississauga ON L4X 2G6
Appliance Repair
Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Reviews for Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Alison in Toronto
Alison in Toronto

Washer repair

We moved into a new house with a washer that was just over one year old. With a new baby on the way within days, we needed the washer to work! Long story short, the washer was so loud, it was obvious there was a problem. We called and a technician came out within days, diagnosed the problem quickly and ordered the parts. Within two weeks, they were back and spent all afternoon fixing our washer. The repair people were courteous and professional, and respected our home. In terms of repair, we couldn't be happier and will call again. However, the hygiene of the repair people was not great - our house smelled with their body odor and I had to open all the windows while they were there and for several hours after. That is my only complaint.

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you liked our service and professionalism. In regards of hygiene I can’t comment as we don’t know who you are. Please contact TAS so we can find you in our system and we can find out who and when attended your house. At this point we can only say that all our techs wearing nice and clean TAS uniforms. They all have uniforms replacements for every day of a week. Hygiene is very important for TAS. We haven’t got anyone making such a statement about hygiene. We thought that we are a hard working personnel that does most of the time physical work therefore technician always will have some kind of body odor. We apologies that you did not like it but we can’t take shower after each service call.

Anthony in Toronto
Anthony in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Amana Dishwasher Repair

After some initial complications with the service repair TAS completed the fix to my Amana dishwasher as promised. The serviceman was quite good and brought the parts and did the repair on time.

Thank you for having TAS servicing your D/W and your fit back.

Roger Gill in Mississauga
Roger Gill in Mississauga

noisy washer

I have front loaed washer about 3 years old. It came with the house so I did not have prove of purchase. I called Whirlpool to place service call as my washer was noisy on spin cycle. They said that they are going to be sending Toronto Appliance in to service my washer but they gave me appointment for the next day. I have 3 small children and I need to have washer every day. After I hung up with Whirlpool I looked up Toronto Appliance on internet and gave them a call to see if they may put me on for earlier appointment. After I spoke to Ann (dispatcher) she said that tech could come same day. Technician arrived in 3 hours after my phone call and diagnosed that my washer needed motor. He gave me the estimate on the spot and I agreed to it. After charging me service call he said that he’ll come back tomorrow to finish the job. About 5.30 pm that same day I received phone call from TAS technician asking if he can come back to replace part, of caurse I said yes and my washer is working now. The most impressive action that TAS has performed is finding out that some of the washer parts were still covered under manufacturer warranty and I ended up paying for labour and service charges only as motor was covered by Whirlpool. Exelent service TAS – I will recommend you to all my friends and familly.

Thank you for having TAS repairing your washer and we appreciate your posted review.

Jack in Toronto
Jack in Toronto

A 5 minutes Dryer reparation

Well, this is a company to avoid.

We call them to repair our dryer because we were recommended by the brand company of our dryer. It was a mistake.

They charged us $135 for a 5 minutes job. the technician just put back one piece were it should be. The funny part is that we were told that they should have charge us more ie around $210. but they were nice...

Think twice. Don't loose your money on these guys. They will overcharge you for sure for the service. I would not be surprised that other had or will have a problem with them. The customer service on the phone is disastrous.

Customer called Toronto Appliance Service Ltd to repair not operating dryer. Our office staff as usual explained service and labour rates and customer had agreed to it (otherwise service would not be scheduled). Our tech arrived on scheduled date and promised time and found that belt was off. When opened dryer he found a lot of dirt and lint accumulation so he had cleaned lint from inside of dryer, vent hose all the way outside and replaced belt. Technician than had assembled dryer and marked it as working good now. Our tech had spent 45 minutes in customer house to do this job. Customer is considering that it took our tech 5 minutes to put the belt back on but he doesn't consider the fact that our tech spent time to disassemble and reassemble plus cleaning of it. Under company policy customer was offered quick repair rate that normally take up to 15 minutes repair time and not full service charge rates as we wanted to make sure the customers satisfaction. The dryer is working OK and customer is angry that he had to pay for service that could have been avoided. We fill sorry that we could not satisfy this customer any other way by getting his dryer repaired and in working order.

Cathy in York
Cathy in York
1 review North York, ON

Diagnostic and dishwasher repair

Toronto Appliance charged me $210.00 for 17 minutes of labour. $88.00 for the diagnostic and $98.00 for the 17 minutes it took to clean my machine. No parts required. I was quoted $19.00 every 15 minutes after the initial diagnostic by Whirlpool Canada. The Service Person quoted me $200 plus any necessary parts. He also told me if I didn't want to pay the estimated fee and I had a problem with it, I will have to pay the $88.00 for the diagnostic and he can leave. He wasn't leaving until I paid the $88.00 + HST. Whirlpool Canada is now investigating. I strongly do NOT recommend this company.

Every company has service charge as well as labour charge. This customer has called Whirlpool and placed service appointment through them. Whirlpool has advised this customer of their prices. After we received service dispatch from Whirlpool we called customer to confirm appointment and to advise of our prices, methods of payment. Customer confirmed address, time of appointment and prices that we described to them and that was clearly marked on the front of our work order. Service charge covers trip charge as well as 15 minutes of diagnostic fee. Our tech spent in this house 45 minutes and not only that he diagnosed unit but had it cleaned from excessive lint built up inside dryer as well as vent hose all the way outside the house and made dryer work correctly. Our tech has charged customer according to our price code, $88 for service call and flat fee of $98 for repairing dryer. Our flat fee labour covers time spend on the job from 30 minutes to 2 hours and customer was advised of this fact before we dispatched our tech out. Our prices are not hidden, every customer is being told cost of repair in advance before we proceed to avoid any conflicts. This customer agreed to all of the above by signing work order and submitting payment by cheque right after job as completed. The dryer is now working – customer has a problem that she had to pay for the repair.

Richard Lindzon in North york
Richard Lindzon in North york
3 reviews North York, ON

Fridge Repair

Like all appliance repair companies, the charge just to come out can seem high. But this company answered the call promptly, diagnosed the problem efficiently and quickly. Problem fixed, and the fridge is working fine now.
recommended

Thank you for your response. TAS appreciates that very match. We have been asking every customer to write their review on this site but we are not being very successful. I guess customers don’t want to waist anymore time than is necessary. Only the once that have financial issues and have been sent to collections want to discharge their anger against Toronto Appliance Service by writing bad reviews. Thank you again.

speedyoverhead
speedyoverhead

Broken Bosch refrigerator

This company is the worlds worst appliance repair company I bought a top of the line Bosch fridge from lowes with the extended warranty and they sent these hack jobs out to fix a broken ice machine the tech was 4 hours late and when I called the office I was on hold for over half an hour then I was told to keep waiting. When they finally the technician had no idea how to repair the fridge and spent 30 minutes flooding my new kitchen floor with water and fixed nothing I cant wait for them to come back for round 2
Be Aware these guys aren't qualified service techs

kati
kati

kitchenaid range

We have called Toronto Appliance to repair a kitchenaid range, that we still have under warranty. The technician, Victor, came to repair it. His attitude was really frustrating right from the beginning. He refused to take his shoes off, when asked ( it was rainy and muddy outside) and it seemed like we were taking up his time. He came 7 times and replaced the same burner 3 times then tried to replace spark module but the problem still wasn't fixed. He promised to call us and never called back. He was rude and unreliable. We have contacted the office and were promised a supervisor's call with a solution for the problem. However, we have never heard from them since. Very bad service.

J. Cunningham in Mississauga
J. Cunningham in Mississauga

Fridge not working---

Freezer working---fridge part not---Service rep came and after 2
minutes had figured out the problem and proceeded to explain it
to me ---give me an estimate and proceeded to fix it---Rep was
very professional and informative----

More about Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Appliance repair, with a committment to prompt, professional courteous service.
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Mississauga?